Atmosphere Gathering and Dancing in Cumberland

Hello dancers and friends,

      It feels good to be back in Cumberland, as many of you know I was away in Turkey where I learned some fun new Roman dance moves and, enjoyed a well deserved holiday with my daughter and extended Turkish family. Soon after returning from our holiday I laid a new floor in the Abbey Studio with the help of friends Vig and Melissa. It feels so good to put some love into this beautiful space and the new floor feels so good on the feet!
         I am getting back into dancing mode and preparing for performances at Atmosphere Gathering, an artful and inspiring dance/music festival happening at Cumberland Village Park on Aug. 14th, 15th & 16th. I have put together a 45 min belly dance showcase for the Forest Stage called 'Shimmy for the Trees' featuring dances by; Taiya Curle, Lindsay Spencer, Bridget Salas, The Spin Jinny, Carla Barigga and, I will be dancing a solo and sharing my latest Indian fusion group choreography with dancers Lisa Snow, Bridget Salas, Heather Hilberry, Anne Marie Scott, Evelyne Bally and Jessica McPherson. Be sure to come see 'Shimmy for the Trees' at the festival on Sunday, August 16th, 4-5PM. Also, watch for surprise performances by the gogo birds (last seen at the BC Bike race) on the Atmosphere stage. I will be posting info soon about upcoming classes this Fall at the Abbey Studio so be sure to check back later this month.
Have a wonderful summer and I hope to dance with you soon!

Love and shimmies,
Cathy


Some of the performers you will see at Atmosphere Gathering, Sunday 4-5PM on theForest Stage~

Lyndsay and Taiya

The Spin Jinny

Carla Barigga

Cathy Stoyko